TITLE: Chief Financial Officer
If you love working with numbers and enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Seeking an experienced CFO to take over after the retirement of our current financial leader. At Jay Marketing & Communications you will be working closely with the agency owners and senior leadership – helping to develop and implement strategies to move the agency forward on a growth plan. You will be responsible for oversight and participation in finance/accounting, budgets, financial reporting, IT and human resources of the agency.
We’re comprised of media, digital, creative, music production and video production specialists, and support staff all under one roof. We are a passionate group of thinkers and creative minds who come together every day to craft compelling brand stories. At Jay, we encourage and support individual growth, providing opportunities for advancement and education. Our culture revolves around our purpose: “Relentless Respect.” It’s what we have for our work, our process, our client and each other.
Qualified candidates will have 25 plus years of business experience with a track record that includes progressive accounting/financial positions and management of a staff. This position requires both strategic thinking and great communication skills, and the ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do the work required. Experience in a professional services environment is a plus.
- Ensure that the day to day financial transactions are executed and recorded flawlessly. Includes oversight of a seasoned staff of 3 responsible for this function.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial reports and provide analysis and commentary to help manage the activities of the company.
- Participate as a member of the leadership team in driving the vision and strategy of the agency.
- Oversee contracts with clients and outside vendors. Responsible for relationship with outside accounting firm, attorneys, banks, and insurance brokers. Participate in some client financial negotiations.
- Oversee the activities of the IT Director and serve as a sounding board for the functioning of this area within the agency.
- Provide Human Resource function for the agency. This includes all payroll and benefits administration for the agency. Oversee recruiting and other human resources programs for the agency.
- Proactive thinking and willingness to share opinions even when different from others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Extremely organized
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, and experience with financial analysis
- Knowledge of payroll processing and laws and procedures around that function
- Experienced and strong skills working with Microsoft Office products, and experience implementing and learning other agency/finance related software
- Accounting or finance degree – bachelors a must, MBA level preferred. CPA desirable.
Please complete the form below and attach your resume.