HYBRID WORK MODEL (PRIMARILY REMOTE)
Jay Marketing and Communications is passionate about bringing our clients’ brands to life. We’re looking for an experienced Account Executive who shares this passion and commitment to excellence.
A go-getter ready to take charge of new accounts and eager to take advantage of a fulfilling career opportunity. A leader and team player. A diplomat adept at building confidence and relationships.
A multi-tasker and multiplier of goodwill and great results. Somebody who can flourish at a family-run business that really feels like a family, that provides a supportive environment, and respects the time you want to spend with your other family too. So, if this is starting to sound like a perfect fit for you, please read on!
Jay Marketing has a hybrid work model that prioritizes flexibility, has generous PTO and holidays, and has moved away from old school timesheets. Jay is growing and wants you to join the team!
The Account Executive’s primary role is to serve as the lead liaison between the agency and assigned clients and to oversee effective delivery of agency work.
The candidate will be responsible for assisting in developing creative strategies, content execution, timelines and budgets that meet client directives. The Account Executive will also work closely with a client’s other agency partners and public relations teams to assist in developing a cohesive marketing strategy. Primary responsibilities include project management to meet objectives, deadlines, and workload. Job function requires strong relationships, collaboration, and communication skills. Advertising Agency experience is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day project contact with clients, creative teams, and other agency partners
- Works integrally with all internal team members to facilitate the process of developing great work
- Build trusted relationships
- Assists Account Director with helping clients identify problems in the marketplace and suggest solutions to meet them
- Builds expertise on a brand’s competitive landscape and a specific facet of the client’s industries
- Assists client with defining marketing strategies
- Prepares and stewards projects and timelines
- Develops creative briefs and oversees plan development, execution, and follow-up
- Collaborates with other agency partners to develop a cohesive plan and tracks deliverables
- Evaluates creative work and provides feedback for revisions, as needed
- Establishes familiarity with Agency corridors
- Sets priorities and organizes work processes and assumes a leadership role for assigned work, may manage several projects at one time.
- Communicates to the “Account Team” the marketing objectives, strategy and direction that has been formulated with the client to all applicable departments in the agency. Works closely with Account Management staff in identifying and recognizing superior advertising ideas
- Administrative duties such as conference reports, creative briefs, change orders, estimates, status reports
- Assists Account Director with directing the work to ensure efficient, accurate processes
- Works with Account Management leaders to apply knowledge about client’s competitive landscape and understand data/business results and their impact
- Proactively reaches out to client marketing and communications team to work collaboratively and look for additional marketing/advertising opportunities
- Assists Account Director with building profit for the agency by developing new agency projects and opportunities with clients. Set a goal to provide each client with something new every month
- Develops and presents internal and/or client presentations
- Participates in strategy development and creative assessment
- Successfully interacts with agency departments or individuals to complete work and ensure a united focus
- Maintains monthly/annual budgets, opens and monitors jobs, creates and manages estimates
- Develops, maintains and/or reviews weekly/monthly status reports
Carry out other duties as necessary to perform function within state and federal regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of job experience in account management with an advertising agency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas, negotiate and problem solve
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Effective time management
- Good listener
- Team player – natural and effective communicator
- Willingness to take on new opportunities
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Jay Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Company that also complies with any ADA requirements. Our company will make any reasonable accommodations to allow all eligible applicants a fair and equal chance of employment with Jay Marketing.
What Drives You
The pursuit of happiness — yours, your colleagues’, and your clients’. The belief in yourself and in what you’re doing (and why you’re doing it). The knowledge that, whatever it takes, you can get it done. The desire to feel welcome, heard, and respected, and be part of something bigger than yourself. And while perfection may technically not be possible, going after it with gusto is another type of daily self-motivation for you; it’s the go-juice that fills your cup in the mornings — a cup you pour generously into everything you do.
What Drives Us
Passion. Insight. Results. It’s who we are – a dedicated, tight-knit group of thinkers and creative minds that come together every day to craft compelling brand stories firmly grounded in data. We strive to build meaningful relationships with our partners – excited to be part of the journey and privileged to play a role in their success.
Join the Jay Family and Apply today!