TITLE: Human Resources Manager
If you love working in the realm of human resources and employee relations and would like to do that in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Seeking a part-time Human Resources and Employee Relations professional. Currently this is handled by our CFO who is retiring. At Jay Marketing & Communications you will be working closely with the agency owners and senior leadership – helping to develop and implement strategies to move the agency forward on a growth plan. You will be responsible for the administrative tasks of human resources for the agency, including payroll, and benefits administration. You will be responsible for keeping the Employee handbook up to date and making sure the agency is following all legal employment requirements. On the employee relations side you will work on getting a set of job descriptions in place for all current positions within the agency and monitoring a performance appraisal program. Such things as recruiting, on boarding of new employees, employee development and, and if needed conflict resolution, also fall under this position.
We’re comprised of media, digital, creative, music production and video production specialists, and support staff all under one roof. We are a passionate group of thinkers and creative minds who come together every day to craft compelling brand stories. At Jay, we encourage and support individual growth, providing opportunities for advancement and education. Our culture revolves around our purpose: “Relentless Respect.” It’s what we have for our work, our process, our client and each other.
Qualified candidates will have 15 plus years of human resources experience with a track record that includes both a generalist and a detail perspective. This position requires strategic thinking and great communication skills, and the ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do the work required. Experience in a professional services environment is a plus.
Based on size of agency this position will begin as 25 hours per week and may grow to more as the agency grows.
- Provide Human Resource function for the agency.This includes all payroll and benefits administration for the agency. Oversee recruiting and other human resources programs for the agency.
- Proactive thinking and willingness to share opinions even when different from others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Extremely organized
- Knowledge of payroll processing and laws and procedures around that function
- Experienced and strong skills working with Microsoft Office products, and experience implementing and learning other agency/finance related software
- Bachelor’s degree in Employee Relations, Human Resources or related area a must. MBA a plus.
Please complete the form below and attach your resume.